7 Day Tour.
From $1200 USD p/p twin share.
Single supplement $500 USD
19 Day Tour.
From $2800 USD p/p twin share.
Single supplement $1100.
- Day 1. Arrive Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC).
- Day 2. HCMC City Tour.
- Day 3. Cu Chi Tunnels and regional battle sites.
- Day 4. MEKONG DELTA and MEKONG RIVER Tour.
- Day 5. HCMC to VUNG TAU.
- Day 6. Australian area of Operations and battle sites.
- Day 7. 7 Day Tour concludes, return to HCMC.
- Day 7. 14 Day Tour Continues. Vung Tau to HCMC to QUYNHON
- Day 8. Highway 19 to PLEIKU. French and US battle sites.
- Day 9. US Camps Anari and Holloway, 4 Div CP, Banah ethnic village.
- Day 10. Hoi An City tour.
- Day 11. Hoi An to Hue battle sites.
- Day 12. City and battle site tour of Hue.
- Day 13. Hue to DMZ battle sites.
- Day 14. Khe Sanh, Ho Chi Minh trail, DMZ battle sites and US Special Forces camps.
- Day 15. Day Free, Night train to Hanoi.
- Day 16. City tour Hanoi.
- Day 17. Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu, local area tour.
- Day 18. Dien Bien Phu battlefield tour including General Giap’s HQ.
- Day 19. Return to Hanoi. Tour concludes.
After breakfast we will visit the Presidential Palace, the former US Embassy, War Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, and tour selected streets where battles and events occurred during the Vietnam War such as the immolation of Master Thich Quang Duc in 1963. In the evening we will have a group evening meal at a Vietnamese Restaurant. Accommodation, HCMC. Breakfast and Dinner provided.
After breakfast we will depart for the Mekong Delta, travelling to Vinlong where we will start our cruise of the Mekong River and its waterways. We will then visit Cai Be floating market and try some local rice wine returning to HCMC in the evening. Accommodation, HCMC. Breakfast and Lunch provided.
19 Day Tour Continues
We travel to the 4th Div HQ at Camp Enari. Named after the 4th Div first posthumous Silver Star recipient, Lt Mark Enari. The camp stretched from Dragon Mountain in the Northwest to Hensel Airfield in the south. Then visit a Banah ethnic minority village. In the evening we catch a flight to Danang. Accommodation, Hoi An. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided.
Today we will tour Hue, the capital of Vietnam from 1802 to 1945, contains hundreds of historical sites and was World Heritage listed in 1993. We will also tour the Citadel, the site of fierce fighting during Tet 1968, King Tuduc’s mausoleum and Thien Mu Pagoda. Accommodation, Hue. Breakfast and Lunch provided.
In the morning we will drive north to Quang Tri for a tour of the old DMZ. On the way we will tour the Old Citadel then stop at Dong Ha for lunch. In the afternoon we will visit the Coc Mieu Base, Vinh Moc Tunnels, Hein Luong bridge and Ben Hai River battle sites. Accommodation, Dongha. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided.
Today we have a full day of battle sites before returning to Hue. We will travel to Camp Carroll, Con Tien firebase, the Rock pile, Dakrong Bridge the Ho Chi Minh Trail and the ethnic village of Bru Van Kieu. After lunch at Khe Sanh town we will visit Khe Sanh firebase , Lang Vay Special Forces Camp and the Lao border before returning to Hue. Accommodation, Hue. Breakfast and Lunch provided.
On arriving in Hanoi we will commence a tour of the city visiting the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (Closed Mon and Fri and all of November), the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison, the Army Museum then a cyclo ride through the old town. In the evening we will view a Water puppet show. Accommodation, Hanoi. Breakfast and Lunch provided.
After breakfast we will tour the battlefield where the French send 16000 troops as bait, hoping to lure the Viet Minh into a major set battle. The Viet Minh under General Vo Nguyen Giap managed to place artillery in the surrounding mountains and from March to May 1954 pounded the French positions in support of continuous ground attacks resulting in the French capitulation with the loss of 3000 men. The Viet Minh lost more than doubled that. The day also includes a tour of General Giap’s HQ use during the battle and villages of the local Thai and H’mong people. Accommodation, Diem Bien. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner provided.
Day 19. Free Day and Tour Concludes
- Private tour with experienced English speaking guide. Min 6.
- Hotel accommodation (4/5 star) as listed with breakfast based on twin share.
- All airport and land transfers as per program.
- All taxes, duties and entry fees as per program.
- All rail and in country air fares as per program.
- All meals as listed, 2x 500ml bottles of water per pax per day.
- International airfares.
- All drinks during meals.
- Personal expenses and gratuities.